Tuesday, July 30, 2013

35 by 35 update!

At the beginning of the month I posted my Bucket list for the next few years or so (a lady never gives away her age). I thought that an update might do!
This past month I have managed to cross #6- Get a new tattoo and #9- Read the Great Gatsby off my list.

Number 6-
I got a little flock of birdies on my shoulder. My friend Krista and I got tattooed what we were Seattle a few weeks ago. We got tattooed at the Artful Dodger. It was a great shop with lots of art and fantastic staff. We were so thrilled! My tattoo represents my family Each with our own personalities and imperfections.

Number 9- Read the Great Gatsby
I thought for sure that I had read this before, after all I did go to school and the plot was familiar, however I have the sort of brain that doesn't retain anything it reads so I thought I would read it again. Turns out that maybe I hadn't read it before. My reviews, I loved it. It is a beautiful story of the fickleness of the human heart, the importance of dreaming and the danger of living with only one dream and how a person's heart is complex and not always "right". Favourite quote: No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. Beautiful, simply beautiful. Thank you F. Scott. You have impressed me.

So there you have it, two down, thirty-three still to go.

No comments: